fredag 14. januar 2011

Pride - Gay Pride

So, this is the last assignment we had. For this task I choose Pride, which changed to Gay Pride.
I had two of my classmates, Maria and Maren, to help me. Thank you so much!

The reason I choose gay pride, is simply because I think it's something that people should focus a bit more on. A lot of straight people are irritated and feel that gay pride is all-over, just as they frown upon gay parades. But I mean that they should know better that to do that. There are a lot of people in this world that discriminate gay people and look down on them. I know a person who said that being gay and gay pride is just like this: "It's just a bit of an "I like chocolate" vs. "I like strawberry" sort of thing. Should somebody be proud just because they like their own gender? I don't believe so, but they certainly shouldn't be ashamed. To each their own."

Well, gay pride isn't quite like chocolate vs. strawberry. It's like preferring strawberry in a society that says, "Chocolate is the only good! Anyone who likes strawberry is stupid/sinful, and should be punished and will burn in hell!" and choosing to stand up and say, "You know what? I like strawberry. I don't think that's wrong," and risking punishment and abuse that could escalate to murder.
Except for gay people, it isn't about dessert. It's about being able to spend one's life with a lover, openly and honestly.
So, being proud of liking one's own gender? No, that's not a big deal. But choosing to put everything at risk for love... that's something to be proud of.


 There are a lot of symbols that show others that you are gay, rainbow for example is one of the most well-known of them all. There are also the greek letter Lambda and the pink triangle.
 Here is a picture of Maria's eye, which i did the rainbow make-up to.
 Maria with a rainbow flag and a rainbow pin.

"We're only flaunting our gay pride because too many people tell us to change."
It's true really. If there wasn't anyone looking down on gay people there wouldn't be anything to have a parade for. If people would just accept it as it is.

Well, now that's said, I will say something about the pictures.
In the first picture I used a mini-flag and my necklace. I changed a lot on the aperture value so that the necklace would be in focus.

In the second picture I wanted to have focus on the rainbow so I took a closeup picture of Maria's face. Then I edited t a bit in photoshop, to make the colours clearer.

In the third photo I had Maren to hold up the flag as a background for Maria. Then she were supposed to stand and 'look proud.'

In the last photo I had Maria and Maren sit together, and, as you can see, I made it a black-white picture with only the rainbow on Maren's chin be coloured.

I really liked this assignment, because it gave us the opportunity to do what we wanted to do ourselves, not what the teacher wanted. It's just too bad that is was the last assignment we had in this subject. 

It's a wrap. Bye C:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar